Hennepin History Museumhttps://www.hennepinhistory.org/
Hennepin History Museum is dedicated to bringing the diverse history of Hennepin County and its residents to life through exhibitions, library, collections, public events, and educational programs.
Arts, Culture and Humanities
Individual board members are responsible for:
1. Regularly attending board meetings and important related meetings
2. Arriving at meetings prepared and ready to engage in thoughtful dialogue
3. Staying informed and up-to-date on the museum’s mission, values, policies and programs
4. Making a personal financial contribution that is significant and meaningful in addition to being a
member of the museum
5. Participating in additional development and fundraising activities in ways that are best suited to
the individual and most effectively serve the purposes of the museum
6. Being an engaged participant in strategic planning efforts
7. Making a serious commitment to participate actively in committee work
HHM Board Roles and Statement of Understanding
last review March 2017
8. Building a collegial working relationship with other board members that contributes to
9. Supporting the work of the staff and assisting when appropriate, but not becoming involved in
the day-to-day management of the museum
10. Actively participating in the board’s annual evaluation and individual self-assessment
11. Regularly attending organizational activities. These activities may include, but are not limited to,
fundraising events, exhibit openings, educational programs and outreach events.
12. Serving as an ambassador and advocate for the organization
13. Suggesting possible nominees to the board who can make significant contributions to the work
of the board and the organization
14. Reviewing, signing and following the statement of understanding, conflict of interest and code
of ethics policies.
Board members are appointed for three-year terms. A minimum commitment of 10 hours per
month is recommended. Additional hours may be needed depending on committee work and
We are recruiting 3-5 new board members to join us in March 2019. We seeking candidates who will bring a diversity of voices, experiences and opinions to our governing board.
The Board of Directors of the Hennepin History Museum has the principle responsibility of ensuring the
mission of HHM is fulfilled. This function is carried out by providing governance, leadership and vision;
ensuring the vitality and growth of the organization; representing the museum to the community and
accepting the ultimate legal authority for the organization.
Interim Executive Director