Minnesota Center for Book Artshttp://www.mnbookarts.org
MCBA’s mission is to advance the book as a vital contemporary art form, preserve the traditional crafts of bookmaking, inspire diverse artists and learners, and engage audiences in educational, creative and interpretive experiences.
Arts, Culture and Humanities
MCBA is seeking new board members with backgrounds in financial management, development and fundraising, as well as legal expertise.
Ideal start time: January/February 2018
Board terms are three years.
Minnesota Center for Book Arts board members are guardians of the mission, acting to set general direction for and govern the organization in a manner that ensures compliance with legal and financial requirements, protects MCBA assets, as well as maintaining accountability, transparency and ethical behavior. MCBA board member expectations include:
* Be informed about MCBA’s vision, mission, services, programs and policies
* Prepare for, attend and actively participate in monthly board meetings
* Provide governance and fiduciary oversight, including approving the budget; selecting auditors; reviewing and amending bylaws and organization policies as necessary; understanding monthly financial statements and assuring proper financial controls
* Participate in strategic planning efforts
* Support a culture of philanthropy by assisting in development and fundraising activities, including identifying and cultivating prospective donors and reinforcing relationships with current donors
* Support the Executive Director, and evaluate performance
* Attend events and exhibition openings, take classes and shop at MCBA
* Be an ambassador… introduce and promote MCBA to your family, friends and personal networks
* Engage with social media… “Like” MCBA on Facebook, share posts and sign up for eNewsletters
* Serve on one or more committees and/or task forces, and volunteer for special assignments
* Help recruit and orient new board members who can add experience and skills
* Make an annual financial gift to MCBA at a level that is personally significant
Current MCBA Board Chair