Minnesota Fringe connects adventurous artists with adventurous audiences by creating open, supportive forums for free and diverse artistic expression.Through our summer festivals and dynamic year-round programming, Minnesota Fringe is an artistic disruptor for local and national artists — to take bold risks, develop new ideas, and hoist themselves to the next rung of their artistic ladder.
Arts, Culture and Humanities
Members are expected to use their talents and resources in support of Fringe through financial contributions, volunteerism, and/or professional expertise. Board members are required to give a financial gift of personal significance to the organization, attend bi-monthly meetings, participate in committee work and special event functions.
● It is the duty of each board member to know, understand, and be committed to the mission of Minnesota Fringe Festival. Each board member is expected to plan, govern, and take action based on that mission in its entirety.
● The board will work in partnership with the Executive Director as an advocate for the organization to identify and raise support from the community in order to provide adequate resources to fulfill the mission.
● The board will work with management to support programs that are the consistent with the mission and to monitor effectiveness of these initiatives.
● The board must carry out its fiscal responsibilities to ensure proper financial controls are in place to manage resources effectively.
● Terms are 2 years long and renewable up to 3 terms maximum.
Fringe trustees are guardians of the organizational mission who ensure compliance with legal and financial requirements while also enforcing ethical guidelines. All policy decisions made by the governing board are within the parameters and uphold the principles of the mission and vision while considering impact on constituents and stakeholders. The purpose of the Board is to set general strategic direction for and govern the organization in a manner that fosters positive relationships within the community.
The Board of Directors is a governing board comprised of connected community members with a passion for the performing arts and a desire to ensure Fringe continues to contribute to the cultural competitiveness of Minnesota.Dawn Bentley