We catalyze contemporary poetry into powerful new multimedia experiences for stage, screen, and street.
Arts, Culture and Humanities
Board Members will:
• Make a priority of attendance at regular meetings, organizational activities and events.
• Volunteer to host a fundraiser or support other programming and developmental needs.
• Serve as ambassador and spokesperson for the organization, introducing new people and opportunities to the organization as appropriate.
• Work with the Board as a whole to develop strategic planning as deemed necessary
• Oversee financial matters and support development of a healthy financial foundation.
• Ensure programs are well managed and provide expertise, support, and assistance as needed.
• Evaluate the Executive and Artistic Director, and advise on management and staff structure and hiring as appropriate.
• Resolve legal or human resources conflicts that can’t be resolved by management.
• Assist in Board recruitment and additional Board-directed activities.
Board Members are expected to give more financially to Motionpoems than to any other organization during their term.
The Board meets 2x/year, and as circumstances warrant. Board Members are expected to attend and contribute to meetings. All Members must participate on at least one committee, which can entail additional meeting responsibilities. Committees include Fundraising, Event, and Special Projects as needed.
The Board of Directors is charged with providing oversight and direction to Motionpoems in carrying out its mission. Board Members ensure Motionpoems’ success by supporting, advising, and overseeing the Executive and Artistic Director and other management, as necessary and appropriate to ensure the organization is being managed effectively and its activities are in furtherance of its mission.Todd Boss
Executive and Artistic Director