Twin Cities Media Alliancehttp://tcmediaalliance.org/
Founded in 2005, Twin Cities Media Alliance (TCMA) is a nonprofit media arts organization that equips individuals and organizations with the power of media arts to shape narratives that advance equity and justice.
Arts, Culture and Humanities
– Strong passion and commitment to TCMA’s mission
– Expertise in any of the following: marketing/communications, development, fundraising, media arts, organizing, nonprofit finance, nonprofit governance, law or previous board of directors experience
– Not afraid to play a role in growing an up-and-coming organization
– Awesome sense of humor and desire to support a sharp, resourceful and loveable team
Service on TCMA’s Board of Directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties. Deadline to apply is Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 11:59p. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume (or additional questions) to email@example.com.
Twin Cities Media Alliance is an equal opportunity employer committed to building an organization that reflects our mission. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as people of color and/or from other historically marginalized communities.
AT-LARGE BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Serve as a trusted advisor to the executive director as s/he develops and executes TCMA’s strategic vision and plan
– Review outcomes and metrics created by the TCMA’s executive director for evaluating its impact, and regularly measure its performance and effectiveness using those metrics
– Review and approve TCMA’s annual budget and financial statements, Form 990 and audit reports (if applicable), and be informed of (and meet all) legal and fiduciary responsibilities
– Serve on committees and/or task forces and offer to take on special assignments, as needed
– Assist with board fundraising efforts, including making an annual financial contribution to TCMA that commensurates with her/his capacity
– Be prepared and present at board and committee meetings, which includes reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to meetings
– Attend special events and assist with planning and/or day-of functions (e.g. registration, greeting), when needed
– Stay informed about TCMA’s programs – including developments in community, media, art and/or policy that may influence TCMA’s work
– Be an effective ambassador for TCMA’s work
– Assist executive director and board chair in identifying and recruiting board members (as needed) who unapologetically live out TCMA’s values, mission and can contribute to the advancement of TCMA’s work
– Follow conflict of interest and confidentiality policies
– Refrain from making special requests of the staff